Casa Aguila will arguably be the most advanced home ever built in San Diego County, looking to achieve many firsts for our region. It will be San Diego's first Certified Passive House, seek the County's first onsite wastewater treatment permit, seek the County's first permit to utilize all collected rainwater for all indoor water use, and strive for eventual grid-disconnection through utilization of battery power, Solar PV, and a 45-foot wind turbine (the blades alone are 17 feet tall!).

The project is located in Ramona, CA and is named for the Golden Eagles which frequently fly over the property.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

2500 New Gallons of Rainwater!


With 9 x 10,000 gallon welded-steel tanks, we have a total of 90,000 gallons of storage capacity.  3-tanks will hold up to 30,000 gallons of rainwater from the roof, and 4-tanks will hold up to 40,000 gallons of stormwater collected from area drains around the grounds of the property.  Rainwater from the roof is the primary source for all indoor water use, and stormwater from the site is dedicated to irrigation and fire suppression.  One of those four stormwater tanks is dedicated to fire suppression (we are required by the county to have one 10,000 gallon fire suppression tank.)

The rain over the last few days brought us around 2500 gallons of rainwater off of the roof.   We estimate that water will provide about 20-days of indoor water use.  If we keep getting rains like this in the next month, we should not have to fill the rainwater tanks with any municipal water prior to move-in.   Keeping our fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing beautiful information with us
    i hope you will share some more info
    please keep share
    Builders hardware

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com. / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete